Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is pao de queijo? Pao de queijo (technically "pão de queijo," but the tilde over the "a" doesn't always like to appear in text ?) is a Brazilian cheese bread. It's made with cassava flour or tapioca starch which...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is unicorn food? Unicorn food is any type of food that has been transformed to a multicolored, pastel (and sometimes sparkly) version of itself with the use of artificial or natural food coloring. The unicorn food...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is goth food? Goth food is any type of food that has been dyed with activated charcoal, squid ink, black sesame, black truffle, or some other type of black food coloring so that it appears black, or grey. Besides...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What are Halloumi fries? Halloumi fries are fried sticks of halloumi, a semi-hard cheese from Cyprus made from a combination of goat's and sheep's milk. Its high melting point makes it perfect for grilling and frying. To...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is a Dutch baby? A Dutch baby (a.k.a. German pancake or Dutch puff) is a pan-sized puffed up version of a breakfast pancake. It is typically made with eggs, flour, milk, sugar, vanilla and cinnamon then topped with...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is a cotton candy ice cream cone? Cotton candy ice cream cones (a.k.a. cotton candy-wrapped ice cream, cloudy ice cream, cloud cones, sugar clouds, candy floss ice cream [U.K.] and fairy floss ice cream [Australia]) is...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What are cloud eggs? Cloud eggs (a.k.a. eggs in a cloud, or cloudy eggs) are baked eggs made out of fluffy, meringue-like egg whites topped with a raw yolk. This puffy version of cooked eggs has quietly been around for...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is shaved snow? Shaved snow (also known as snow ice, snow fluff, shaved ice cream or shaved cream) is a flavored block of frozen milk that is shaven into thin, fluffy ribbons and covered with a variety of sweet toppings...read more
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is a jibarito? A jibarito (pronounced: hee-ba-REE-toh) is a savory Puerto Rican sandwich that originated in Chicago. Instead of bread, it's held together with fried flattened plantains...and yes, that makes it...read more
Glutto Digest is a nationwide food blog based in the US. We feature unique & relatively esoteric foods & beverages ranging from the traditional to the trendy. Browse through our posts above to discover the best, most unique, newest, and up and coming foods & drinks (including recipes for delicious meals and yummy dishes).
Nice job finding our not-so-subtle Easter egg. 😉 Like finding the good stuff? Well then, we shall reward your curiosity by divulging more information about what we have to offer… To break things down, Glutto Digest’s posts focus on these main things:
1. Interesting foods & drinks (based on unique qualities i.e. visual appeal, taste, eating experience and/or health benefits). Examples of popular articles have included:
- rolled ice cream – this is a type of made-to-order ice cream made on frozen flat surfaces and scraped off to create rolls of ice cream
- pani puri shots – these are savory Indian shots that come in an array of eye-catching colors
- CBD oil edibles and gummies – these are edible goods made of the largely legal component of cannabis, CBD, which is linked with healing properties
- flaming saganaki – this is a Greek cheese appetizer that is lit on fire
- coxinhas – these are Brazilian appetizers similar to chicken nuggets
- air fried foods – these are a healthier alternative to deep-fried foods and can easily be made at home
- exotic fruits – these are fruits that are commonly found in tropical regions around the world
- liquid nitrogen puffs & dragon’s breath – these are snacks infused with liquid nitrogen that make you breathe like a dragon
2. How you can try these foods & drinks yourself (i.e. where to buy them near you & how to make them—at the bottom of each food article). Click on any of the articles above to find the closest places that serve these foods and recipes on the easiest way to make them (when applicable).
3. Tips for eating healthy (cause there is a right & wrong way to eat anything). When you feature all kinds of trending foods, some of them are bound to not be the most healthy. 😛 We feel a responsibility educate people to eat responsibly as well. Here are some examples of articles that provide tips on how to eat healthy and responsibly:
- eat what you want while staying healthy
- a cheat sheet to make healthy food choices easily
- eat out wisely: easy modifications to make your orders healthier
Other things you can do on Glutto Digest include:
1. Shopping for food-related gifts that you or your favorite food lover might like on our Gift Shop page. We have pretty much anything you could ever want to need, from stuff you can use for your kitchen to containers to keep your food & drinks fresh on the go.
2. Subscribing to our latest food posts on our Subscription page. Subscribing to Glutto Digest is like having a really awesome foodie friend to keep you in-the-know about all the best food trends and cultural foods that you probably wouldn’t know of otherwise.
3. Letting us know if you want us to feature a specific food, location or recipe on our Contact page. Although we have a pretty good pulse on all kinds of foods & drinks to feature, we’re always open to hearing other suggestions. Don’t hesitate to reach out….We don’t bite (unless you’re hiding food from us). 😉
Still want to know more? Find out more about us on our About page.