Strawberry Agave Paloma
With Black Lava Sea Salt Rim
What is a Paloma? Margarita’s less popular but equally delicious cousin! A Paloma is a Mexican cocktail that is extremely refreshing and easy to make. It traditionally includes fresh squeezed grapefruit juice and tequila. The My Fabulous Food version includes some flavorful additions! We’ve added a strawberry agave syrup and a spicy Black Lava Sea Salt rim to kick this drink up a notch. Our Strawberry Agave Paloma is the perfect adult drink to celebrate any occasion!
How to Serve Your Paloma:
- Unlike a Margarita that can blended with ice or served on the rocks, a Paloma is traditionally served over ice.
- To rim the glass, use a lime wedge to moisten the areas you want to apply the salt/seasoning and then gently dip your glass in a small bowl with the salt/seasoning. Shake off the excess.
What to Eat with Your Paloma:
Palomas and other tequila-based drinks pair extremely well with seafood. You can make a ceviche, grilled shrimp, fish or squid. Also, Palomas pair with peppers, asparagus, tomatillos, and avocados.
- Strawberry agave syrup:
1/4 cup of water, 1/4 cup of agave nectar, 3 strawberries, chopped into small pieces
- For the rim:
Black Lava Sea Salt and Sweet and Spicy Sriracha Lime Seasoning from My Fabulous Food
- For the remainder of the drink:
a few cubes ice, 2 ounces of fresh squeezed grapefruit juice, 1 tablespoon of fresh squeezed lime juice, 3 teaspoons of strawberry agave syrup, 2 ounces of tequila, 2 ounces of club soda
- Optional garnishes:
grapefruit wedges, strawberries, or lime wedges
- In a small sauce pan, combine the water, agave nectar, and chopped strawberries. Stir the ingredients. Bring to a low boil over medium heat, and reduce to low. Let simmer for 7-10 minutes, until the agave has dissolved and strawberries have softened and turned the syrup red in color. Let the syrup cool at room temperature.
- Moisten the rim of the cocktail glass with a lime wedge. Place the rim upside down in the seasoning mixture. Shake off any excess seasoning. Fill the glass halfway with ice.
- In the cocktail glass, add the grapefruit juice, lime juice, strawberry agave syrup, and tequila. Top the drink with the club soda and stir to combine.
- Garnish with grapefruit wedges, lime wedges, or strawberries if desired. Enjoy!
Kristina Reynolds is the Founder & CEO of Glutto and an alumna of the University of California, San Diego. She writes articles & posts for Glutto Digest with insights from fellow industry experts. Furthermore, she is the author of The Fittest Food Lovers: How EVERY BODY Can be Incredibly Fit and Still Enjoy Food, a collaborative philanthropic book with proceeds going to charities that fight world hunger.