Looking for 4th of July desserts to delight your guests? Here are some classic and creative desserts that you can pick up from your local dessert shop/dessert section at the supermarket or whip up at home!
Here are some classic baked treat ideas that you can consider serving as 4th of July desserts.
- pies: full or mini-sized apple pies, strawberry rhubarb pies, blueberry pies, or cherry pies
- cakes/cupcakes: vanilla cake with strawberry slices and blueberries, strawberry shortcake with whipped cream and blueberries, angel food cake with blue frosting and cherries
- cookies: sugar cookies with red, white and blue frosting; red velvet cookies with white chocolate chips and blue sprinkles; vanilla wafers dipped in blue frosting with red sprinkles
- other: rice crispy treats with red and blue food coloring and/or sprinkles, blondies with red and blue frosting
cold and frozen treats
- ice cream: strawberry ice cream; vanilla ice cream; blue bubble gum ice cream; ice cream sandwiches with red, white and blue sprinkles
- popsicles: strawberry popsicles, lemon popsicles, blueberry popsicles, Firecracker Popsicles
- granita: strawberry granita, coconut granita, blueberry granita
- jello: strawberry jello, pina colada jello or almond jelly, blueberry jello
Prefer to serve something a bit healthier? Here are some ideas for fresh (or canned) red, white and blue fruits that you can serve.
- red: strawberries, cherries, raspberries, apples, watermelon, cranberries, pomegranate seeds, acerola
- white: lychees, rambutan, pears, bananas, white peaches
- blue: blueberries, blackberries, blackcurrants
Tip: You can also add whipped cream to add some “white” to your choice of red and blue fruits.
Want to serve something sweet and super easy to put together? Get some red, white and blue candies! Here are some examples of candies in patriotic colors.
- red: red vines/red licorice, red hots, red Starburst, red Skittles, red jawbreakers, red jelly beans, red gummy bears, red saltwater taffy
- white: white chocolate, Zero bars, white M&Ms, white Skittles, white jawbreakers, white jelly beans, white gummy bears, white jordan almonds, white yogurt pretzels, white saltwater taffy
- blue: blue jawbreakers, blue jellybeans, blue gummy bears, blue gummy sharks, blue saltwater taffy, blue cotton candy
Other 4th of July food & drink ideas
Hosting or attending a party for the 4th of July? If so, you’ll want to…
The Fourth of July is a major holiday in the United States. It commemorates the…
The 4th of July is also known as the Fourth of July or Independence Day….
Kristina Reynolds is the Founder & CEO of Glutto and an alumna of the University of California, San Diego. She writes articles & posts for Glutto Digest with insights from fellow industry experts. Furthermore, she is the author of The Fittest Food Lovers: How EVERY BODY Can be Incredibly Fit and Still Enjoy Food, a collaborative philanthropic book with proceeds going to charities that fight world hunger.