Hosting or attending a party for the 4th of July? If so, you’ll want to consider what types of drinks to provide or bring. The best 4th of July drinks are festive, refreshing and (of course) taste great. Although beer is a go-to for summer celebrations, there is an endless array of options to satisfy thirsty guests…in a much more festive way.
4th of July cocktails & other alcoholic drinks
Here are a few alcoholic drinks you can create with red, white and blue ingredients.
- champagne with raspberries and blueberries
- White Russian with cranberry juice and blue curacao
- grenadine, white crème de cacao and blue curacao layered shots
4th of July mocktails & other zero proof drinks
Here are some non-alcoholic drinks you can make with layers of red, white and blue and that everyone (including the kids) can enjoy.
- cranberry juice, coconut milk and blue sports drinks (Gatorade, Powerade, etc.)
- fruit punch, blue sports drink and whipped cream
- red Kool-Aid, Sprite/7-Up and blue sports drink
Red drinks, white drinks and blue drinks
If you’re looking to simply serve an assortment of red, white and blue drinks; here are some ideas that you can mix and match as you please.
- red alcoholic drinks: cosmopolitan, raspberry martini, strawberry daiquiri, Campari
- red non-alcoholic drinks: tomato juice, fruit punch, pomegranate juice, beet juice
- red garnishes & ingredients: cherries, strawberries, raspberries, watermelon, beets, tomatoes, red bell peppers
- white alcoholic drinks: pina colada, white Russian, Bailey’s Irish Cream, white chocolate liqueur
- white non-alcoholic drinks: milk (cow’s milk, goat’s milk, oat milk, coconut milk, etc.), Sobe pina colada
- white garnishes & ingredients: whipped cream, marshmallows, coconut, lychee, cocktail onions, or daikon radishes
- blue alcoholic drinks: blue curaçao, blue wine
- blue non-alcoholic drinks: blue Gatorade
- blue garnishes & ingredients: Blue Majik powder, spirulina, ground butterfly pea tea (sweet), or blue food coloring
Kristina Reynolds is the Founder & CEO of Glutto and an alumna of the University of California, San Diego. She writes articles & posts for Glutto Digest with insights from fellow industry experts. Furthermore, she is the author of The Fittest Food Lovers: How EVERY BODY Can be Incredibly Fit and Still Enjoy Food, a collaborative philanthropic book with proceeds going to charities that fight world hunger.