What’s New in Healthy Eats
Butter Boards: the fancy reinvention of bread and butter
What are butter boards? Butter boards are the next evolution of charcuterie boards. They are an eye-catching display of softened, spreadable butter with savory and/or sweet toppings served with bread (usually artisanal bread), raw veggies and/or crackers. Besides the...
Truffles: a necessity for anyone with expensive taste—literally
Truffles are a highly coveted delicacy renowned for their distinct fragrance and rich earthy taste. These elusive edible fungi are technically mycorrhizal spores. This means they are fruit bodies of fungi found ungerground that form a symbiotic relationship with the...
Fruit Sando: the work-of-art you can eat guilt-free
Feel like something light but also want something on the sweet side? The fruit sando (フルーツ" or "furutsu sando") is a great option. It is a Japanese fruit sandwich that is satisfying in its simplicity. It consists of fluffy shokupan (Japanese milk bread), light whipped...
Tamago Sando: the egg salad sandwich of perfection
A tamago sando is the Japanese version of an egg salad sandwich. If you are familiar with Japanese culture, you are aware that Japanese people pride themselves on efficiency and perfection (or as close to it as humanly possible). This sandwich is a reflection of this...
Vegan Jerky: meaty protein sans meat
If you've gone grocery shopping recently, you may have noticed vegan jerky (a.k.a. animal-free jerky, plant-based jerky or meatless jerky) displayed at your local supermarket. It's one of the most noticeable vegan explosions to hit the market since hyper-accurate...
Vegan Chicken Nuggets: Do they really taste like chicken?
Vegan chicken nuggets are meat-free nuggets that mimic the taste and texture of traditional chicken nuggets sans animals and animal byproducts. They provide a good alternative to those who have specific food allergies or other dietary restrictions that prevent them...
Truffle Pizza: cookin’ up pizza that’s bougie
What is truffle pizza? Truffle pizza is any type of pizza that is either topped or infused with truffles. These truffles are a type of fungi (like mushrooms, not chocolate) that grow underground and are prized for their unique flavor. They can be difficult to harvest...
Mushroom Chips: a crispy healthy potato chip alternative
What are mushroom chips? Mushroom chips (a.k.a. mushroom crisps) are a type of snack made from fresh mushrooms that are sliced and then dried. The drying process gives the mushrooms a crispy texture, similar to that of potato chips or crisps and can be eaten either...
Probiotic Drinks: the perfect chaser to better digestion
What are probiodic drinks? Probiotic drinks are beverages that are infused with probiotics (not to be confused with prebiotics). So, what are probiotics? Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts, usually found in large numbers inside our digestive system. They're also...
Prebiotic Drinks: quench your thirst by feeding your gut (bacteria)
What are prebiotic drinks? Prebiotic drinks are a category of beverages that are infused with prebiotics. So what exactly are prebiotics? Prebiotics are the non-digestible food components that stimulate the growth or activity of beneficial bacteria in your gut....
Wellness drinks: get a healthy buzz with adaptogens & nootropics
What are wellness drinks? Wellness drinks are beverages that promote health and wellbeing with minimal to no negative side effects. They typically have low or no alcohol and include various ingredients known for eliciting healthy responses in the body. These...
Sea Moss: the rediscovered ancient superfood of the sea
raw moss fresh from the ocean What is sea moss? Sea moss (chondrus crispus) is a type of seaweed or algae that has existed in Earth's oceans for 500 million years. They come in a range of colors (e.g. white, yellow, red, brown, purple and green) and their thin stems...
Meditation for Digestion: tap into the mind-gut connection
You are likely well aware that meditation can help reduce stress. However, did you know that it can also lead to a healthy stomach and digestive system? The connection between your mind and your gut is extremely powerful. You may have heard of the mind-gut connection...
Glutto Digest is a nationwide food blog based in the US. We feature unique & relatively esoteric foods & beverages ranging from the traditional to the trendy. Browse through our posts above to discover the best, most unique, newest, and up and coming foods & drinks (including recipes for delicious meals and yummy dishes).
Nice job finding our not-so-subtle Easter egg. 😉 Like finding the good stuff? Well then, we shall reward your curiosity by divulging more information about what we have to offer… To break things down, Glutto Digest’s posts focus on these main things:
1. Interesting foods & drinks (based on unique qualities i.e. visual appeal, taste, eating experience and/or health benefits). Examples of popular articles have included:
- rolled ice cream – this is a type of made-to-order ice cream made on frozen flat surfaces and scraped off to create rolls of ice cream
- pani puri shots – these are savory Indian shots that come in an array of eye-catching colors
- CBD oil edibles and gummies – these are edible goods made of the largely legal component of cannabis, CBD, which is linked with healing properties
- flaming saganaki – this is a Greek cheese appetizer that is lit on fire
- coxinhas – these are Brazilian appetizers similar to chicken nuggets
- air fried foods – these are a healthier alternative to deep-fried foods and can easily be made at home
- exotic fruits – these are fruits that are commonly found in tropical regions around the world
- liquid nitrogen puffs & dragon’s breath – these are snacks infused with liquid nitrogen that make you breathe like a dragon
2. How you can try these foods & drinks yourself (i.e. where to buy them near you & how to make them—at the bottom of each food article). Click on any of the articles above to find the closest places that serve these foods and recipes on the easiest way to make them (when applicable).
3. Tips for eating healthy (cause there is a right & wrong way to eat anything). When you feature all kinds of trending foods, some of them are bound to not be the most healthy. 😛 We feel a responsibility educate people to eat responsibly as well. Here are some examples of articles that provide tips on how to eat healthy and responsibly:
- eat what you want while staying healthy
- a cheat sheet to make healthy food choices easily
- eat out wisely: easy modifications to make your orders healthier
Other things you can do on Glutto Digest include:
1. Shopping for food-related gifts that you or your favorite food lover might like on our Gift Shop page. We have pretty much anything you could ever want to need, from stuff you can use for your kitchen to containers to keep your food & drinks fresh on the go.
2. Subscribing to our latest food posts on our Subscription page. Subscribing to Glutto Digest is like having a really awesome foodie friend to keep you in-the-know about all the best food trends and cultural foods that you probably wouldn’t know of otherwise.
3. Letting us know if you want us to feature a specific food, location or recipe on our Contact page. Although we have a pretty good pulse on all kinds of foods & drinks to feature, we’re always open to hearing other suggestions. Don’t hesitate to reach out….We don’t bite (unless you’re hiding food from us). 😉
Still want to know more? Find out more about us on our About page.
Hungry for More?
Get delicious food updates delivered
straight to your inbox!
P.S. Subscribe and Receive: “11 Quick Tips for Eating Anything AND Staying Healthy”