What’s New in Meat Lovers
Discover the Impossible Burger and Beyond Burger, veggie burgers made for carnivores. (Question: Which of these are meat burgers, Impossible Burgers, or Beyond Burgers? See answer below.)What are they? | Where can I get them? What is the Impossible Burger? What...
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is a croque-monsieur and a croque-madame? Both the croque-monsieur and croque-madame are French versions of the basic ham and cheese sandwich. The croque-monsieur (French for "mister crunch") is a grilled ham and...
What is coxinha? Discover this easy fried or baked chicken using an authentic Brazilian food recipe now. Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What are coxinhas? Coxinha (a.k.a. "coxinha de frango" co-SHEEN-ya dee FRAHN-goo, or "coxinha de galinha"...
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is shawarma? Shawarma (sometimes spelled "shawerma") is meat prepared using a Middle Eastern process of grilling. Several pounds of seasoned meat are piled high onto a slowly rotating...
What are they? | Where Can I Get Them? What are shabu-shabu & sukiyaki? Both shabu-shabu and sukiyaki are traditional Japanese dishes served in the nabemono (Japanese hot pot) style. They both contain thin slices of meat and vegetables that are cooked...
What are some interesting fair foods? | Where can I get them? What first comes to mind when you think of your local state or county fair? Is it the bright lights of the Ferris wheel, the sounds of carnies trying to lure you to play a carnival game,...
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is sisig? Sisig is a flavorful Filipino dish traditionally made of chopped pig parts marinated in a sour liquid mixture (e.g. lemon/lime juice or vinegar), grilled, then served on a sizzling plate. There are...
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is a jibarito? A jibarito (pronounced: hee-ba-REE-toh) is a savory Puerto Rican sandwich that originated in Chicago. Instead of bread, it's held together with fried flattened plantains...and yes, that makes it...
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What are arepas? An arepa is a savory food that originated from Venezuela, Colombia and Panama. It is consists of a cooked corn flour patty (either maize meal or flour) usually topped or stuffed like a sandwich...
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is bunny chow? Bunny chow (a.k.a. Durban bunny chow, bunny, or kota—short for quarter loaf) is a South African fast food dish that originated in Durban, a city in South Africa predominantly comprised of...
Where Can I Get it? | How Can I Make It? What is naan pizza? Naan pizza is pretty much what it sounds like, pizza made out of naan bread instead of traditional pizza dough. Naan is an oven-baked flatbread that originated in Central and...
Glutto Digest is a nationwide food blog based in the US. We feature unique & relatively esoteric foods & beverages ranging from the traditional to the trendy. Browse through our posts above to discover the best, most unique, newest, and up and coming foods & drinks (including recipes for delicious meals and yummy dishes).
Nice job finding our not-so-subtle Easter egg. 😉 Like finding the good stuff? Well then, we shall reward your curiosity by divulging more information about what we have to offer… To break things down, Glutto Digest’s posts focus on these main things:
1. Interesting foods & drinks (based on unique qualities i.e. visual appeal, taste, eating experience and/or health benefits). Examples of popular articles have included:
- rolled ice cream – this is a type of made-to-order ice cream made on frozen flat surfaces and scraped off to create rolls of ice cream
- pani puri shots – these are savory Indian shots that come in an array of eye-catching colors
- CBD oil edibles and gummies – these are edible goods made of the largely legal component of cannabis, CBD, which is linked with healing properties
- flaming saganaki – this is a Greek cheese appetizer that is lit on fire
- coxinhas – these are Brazilian appetizers similar to chicken nuggets
- air fried foods – these are a healthier alternative to deep-fried foods and can easily be made at home
- exotic fruits – these are fruits that are commonly found in tropical regions around the world
- liquid nitrogen puffs & dragon’s breath – these are snacks infused with liquid nitrogen that make you breathe like a dragon
2. How you can try these foods & drinks yourself (i.e. where to buy them near you & how to make them—at the bottom of each food article). Click on any of the articles above to find the closest places that serve these foods and recipes on the easiest way to make them (when applicable).
3. Tips for eating healthy (cause there is a right & wrong way to eat anything). When you feature all kinds of trending foods, some of them are bound to not be the most healthy. 😛 We feel a responsibility educate people to eat responsibly as well. Here are some examples of articles that provide tips on how to eat healthy and responsibly:
- eat what you want while staying healthy
- a cheat sheet to make healthy food choices easily
- eat out wisely: easy modifications to make your orders healthier
Other things you can do on Glutto Digest include:
1. Shopping for food-related gifts that you or your favorite food lover might like on our Gift Shop page. We have pretty much anything you could ever want to need, from stuff you can use for your kitchen to containers to keep your food & drinks fresh on the go.
2. Subscribing to our latest food posts on our Subscription page. Subscribing to Glutto Digest is like having a really awesome foodie friend to keep you in-the-know about all the best food trends and cultural foods that you probably wouldn’t know of otherwise.
3. Letting us know if you want us to feature a specific food, location or recipe on our Contact page. Although we have a pretty good pulse on all kinds of foods & drinks to feature, we’re always open to hearing other suggestions. Don’t hesitate to reach out….We don’t bite (unless you’re hiding food from us). 😉
Still want to know more? Find out more about us on our About page.
Hungry for More?
Get delicious food updates delivered
straight to your inbox!
P.S. Subscribe and Receive: “11 Quick Tips for Eating Anything AND Staying Healthy”