What is a Super Bowl charcuterie board?
A Super Bowl charcuterie board is a food board that is centered around the theme of the biggest annual sporting event in the United States…the Super Bowl! It’s a great way to feed a group so everyone can pick and choose what food they want, as much as they want and when they feel like it.
What goes on a Super Bowl charcuterie board?
Super Bowl foods are known for mimicking tailgate foods like hot dogs, nachos and chicken wings…but you can definitely step it up with more variety. Here are some ideas to add to your board for the big day:
- sliced meats: prosciutto, pepperoni, salami, etc.
- artisanal cheeses: brie, gouda, gorganzola, havarti, manchengo, etc.
- breads & crackers: breadsticks, flatbread pizza slices, seeded crackers, etc.
- seasonal & year-round fruits: oranges, tangerines, dried apricots, etc.
- seasonal & year-round veggies: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, pickles, etc.
- nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.
- dips & spreads: ranch dressing, jams, etc.
With all that cheering, your guests will definitely get hungry, so make sure you have extra food to refill your board(s) throughout the game.
Besides the food, the decor is a big part of what makes your food display a Super Bowl charcuterie board.
- football party decor (bonus: get napkins, plates, etc. that represent your favorite NFL team)
- table cloths
- turf football coasters
colors, patterns and textures
The colors you use really depend on which American football team(s) you support. Are you one of The Faithful? A Cheesehead? The 12th man? Who Dat Nation? Maybe just a bandwagoner? Here is a guide to all the colors of NFL teams.
If you don’t support any team in particular, you may want to incorporate some green and brown to subtly represent the field and the football. LET’S GO [insert your favorite team’s name here]!
Hungry for more charcuterie platters? Find out everything you must know about food boards here!
Kristina Reynolds is the Founder & CEO of Glutto and an alumna of the University of California, San Diego. She writes articles & posts for Glutto Digest with insights from fellow industry experts. Furthermore, she is the author of The Fittest Food Lovers: How EVERY BODY Can be Incredibly Fit and Still Enjoy Food, a collaborative philanthropic book with proceeds going to charities that fight world hunger.