What’s New in Trendy Foods
Cube Croissants: square croissants with an extra dimension of flaky goodness
What are cube croissants? Cube croissants (also known as croissant cubes, cubic croissants or square croissants) are essentially the same recipe as their traditional crescent-shaped counterparts, but with a playful twist. The dough is meticulously cut into equally...
Suprême Croissants: spiral croissants that have everyone in a tizzy
What is the Suprême croissant? The Suprême (colloquially known as the supreme croissant, spiral croissant, round croissant, circular croissant, or circle croissant) is a recent invention in the croissant world that quickly rose to internet fame for its unique hockey...
Butter Boards: the fancy reinvention of bread and butter
What are butter boards? Butter boards are the next evolution of charcuterie boards. They are an eye-catching display of softened, spreadable butter with savory and/or sweet toppings served with bread (usually artisanal bread), raw veggies and/or crackers. Besides the...
Truffle Honey: turn any bite into a sweet gourmet treat
What is truffle honey? Truffle honey is a luxurious culinary creation that combines the delicious flavors of truffles and honey. This delectable condiment has become popular in high-end cuisine and can be enjoyed in a variety of dishes. origin Both truffles and honey...
Jalapeño Beer: throw back a “hot” cold one
If you're a beer drinker who enjoys hot peppers, you may want to try jalapeño beer. Like, jalapeño wine, it can still hold the flavor of the original beverage while adding a dimension of spiciness. However, because it is made by different breweries in a multitude of...
Jalapeño wine: spicy rosé all day
The mighty jalapeño has evolved beyond dishes into drinks. Jalapeño wine, beer and cocktails (and mocktails) have made their way into bars and restaurants for their alluring, fiery flavor. The growing public desire for spicy flavors over the past few decades...
Hot Honey: make everything you eat spicy and sweet
What is hot honey? Hot honey is a type of honey that has been infused with chili peppers. This gives the honey a slightly spicy flavor and makes it ideal for use in cooking or as a condiment or sauce. What does hot honey taste like? Simply put, it tastes like spicy...
Mushroom Coffee: kick start your day & take the edge off
What is mushroom coffee? Mushroom coffee is a type of coffee that is made with, you guessed it—mushrooms. Rather than using coffee beans, mushrooms are brewed into the coffee. It is said to be a healthier alternative to traditional coffee rich in antioxidants and...
2022 Winter Fancy Food Show Highlights
The Winter Fancy Food Show 2022 was held February 6-8 at the Las Vegas Convention Center. Thousands of food & beverage purveyors and buyers were in attendance alongside some familiar faces, including celebrity cookbook author Chrissy Teigen and John Legend, who...
The Fancy Food Show: a feast of food & beverage innovation
The Fancy Food Show is a biannual B2B event hosted by the Specialty Food Association that consists of the Summer Fancy Food Show and the Winter Fancy Food Show. These massive trade shows showcase the best and latest in food & beverage. They provide small food...
Probiotic Drinks: the perfect chaser to better digestion
What are probiodic drinks? Probiotic drinks are beverages that are infused with probiotics (not to be confused with prebiotics). So, what are probiotics? Probiotics are live bacteria and yeasts, usually found in large numbers inside our digestive system. They're also...
Wellness drinks: get a healthy buzz with adaptogens & nootropics
What are wellness drinks? Wellness drinks are beverages that promote health and wellbeing with minimal to no negative side effects. They typically have low or no alcohol and include various ingredients known for eliciting healthy responses in the body. These...
Sea Moss: the rediscovered ancient superfood of the sea
raw moss fresh from the ocean What is sea moss? Sea moss (chondrus crispus) is a type of seaweed or algae that has existed in Earth's oceans for 500 million years. They come in a range of colors (e.g. white, yellow, red, brown, purple and green) and their thin stems...
Glutto Digest is a nationwide food blog based in the US. We feature unique & relatively esoteric foods & beverages ranging from the traditional to the trendy. Browse through our posts above to discover the best, most unique, newest, and up and coming foods & drinks (including recipes for delicious meals and yummy dishes).
Nice job finding our not-so-subtle Easter egg. 😉 Like finding the good stuff? Well then, we shall reward your curiosity by divulging more information about what we have to offer… To break things down, Glutto Digest’s posts focus on these main things:
1. Interesting foods & drinks (based on unique qualities i.e. visual appeal, taste, eating experience and/or health benefits). Examples of popular articles have included:
- rolled ice cream – this is a type of made-to-order ice cream made on frozen flat surfaces and scraped off to create rolls of ice cream
- pani puri shots – these are savory Indian shots that come in an array of eye-catching colors
- CBD oil edibles and gummies – these are edible goods made of the largely legal component of cannabis, CBD, which is linked with healing properties
- flaming saganaki – this is a Greek cheese appetizer that is lit on fire
- coxinhas – these are Brazilian appetizers similar to chicken nuggets
- air fried foods – these are a healthier alternative to deep-fried foods and can easily be made at home
- exotic fruits – these are fruits that are commonly found in tropical regions around the world
- liquid nitrogen puffs & dragon’s breath – these are snacks infused with liquid nitrogen that make you breathe like a dragon
2. How you can try these foods & drinks yourself (i.e. where to buy them near you & how to make them—at the bottom of each food article). Click on any of the articles above to find the closest places that serve these foods and recipes on the easiest way to make them (when applicable).
3. Tips for eating healthy (cause there is a right & wrong way to eat anything). When you feature all kinds of trending foods, some of them are bound to not be the most healthy. 😛 We feel a responsibility educate people to eat responsibly as well. Here are some examples of articles that provide tips on how to eat healthy and responsibly:
- eat what you want while staying healthy
- a cheat sheet to make healthy food choices easily
- eat out wisely: easy modifications to make your orders healthier
Other things you can do on Glutto Digest include:
1. Shopping for food-related gifts that you or your favorite food lover might like on our Gift Shop page. We have pretty much anything you could ever want to need, from stuff you can use for your kitchen to containers to keep your food & drinks fresh on the go.
2. Subscribing to our latest food posts on our Subscription page. Subscribing to Glutto Digest is like having a really awesome foodie friend to keep you in-the-know about all the best food trends and cultural foods that you probably wouldn’t know of otherwise.
3. Letting us know if you want us to feature a specific food, location or recipe on our Contact page. Although we have a pretty good pulse on all kinds of foods & drinks to feature, we’re always open to hearing other suggestions. Don’t hesitate to reach out….We don’t bite (unless you’re hiding food from us). 😉
Still want to know more? Find out more about us on our About page.
Hungry for More?
Get delicious food updates delivered
straight to your inbox!
P.S. Subscribe and Receive: “11 Quick Tips for Eating Anything AND Staying Healthy”