Planning ahead for Christmas? Or, perhaps more realistically, need to make a last-minute dish that’s quick, easy and impressive? If you want to prepare a platter that all your friends and family members are sure to enjoy, your best bet is to make a Christmas charcuterie board.
What is a Christmas charcuterie board?
It’s a food board that is centered around the theme of Christmas. It’s a great way to feed your guests and get the holiday party started from the second they walk in the door.
What goes on a Christmas charcuterie board?
As with any charcuterie board, you have the freedom to decide what you’d like to display on your board. The most important thing is to know your guests: what they like to eat, what they don’t like to eat, any allergies, etc. If there’s no way to know this ahead of time, it’s best to provide some variety so that they’re something for everyone to enjoy. These are simply suggestions for what you could include:
- sliced meats: prosciutto, pepperoni, salami, etc.
- artisanal cheeses: brie, gouda, gorganzola, havarti, manchengo, etc.
- breads & crackers: sliced baguette, sourdough, seeded crackers, etc.
- seasonal & year-round fruits: oranges, tangerines, dried apricots, etc.
- seasonal & year-round veggies: carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, pickles, etc.
- nuts: almonds, pecans, walnuts, etc.
- dips & spreads: ranch dressing, pate, jam, etc.
Besides the food, the decor is a big part of what makes your food display a Christmas charcuterie board.
colors, patterns and textures
These are traditional colors used for Christmas parties which you can incorporate into your board:
- green – represents evergreen Christmas trees
- red – represents Santa Claus’s red hat and robe
- gold – represents one of the gifts given to Jesus by one of the three wise men
- white – represents snow and the white trim of Santa’s hat and robe
Hungry for more charcuterie platters? Find out everything you must know about food boards here!
Butter Boards: the fancy reinvention of bread and butter
What are butter boards? Butter boards are the next evolution of charcuterie boards. They are…
Father’s Day Charcuterie Board: a sincere form of plattery
Your dad is one of a kind. One of the best ways to show your…
Artisanal Cheese: know your handcrafted artisan cheeses
Whether you’re a true fan of fromage or just really enjoy a good grilled cheese,…
Mexican charcuterie board: not just nacho & taco platters
Hosting a Mexican fiesta? Whether it’s for Cinco de Mayo or Taco Tuesday, you’ll definitely…
Christmas charcuterie board: a fun festive feast
Planning ahead for Christmas? Or, perhaps more realistically, need to make a last-minute dish that’s…
Thanksgiving Charcuterie Board
Celebrating Thanksgiving with family or friends? Whether you’re hosting or attending a Thanksgiving dinner, it’s…
Kristina Reynolds is the Founder & CEO of Glutto and an alumna of the University of California, San Diego. She writes articles & posts for Glutto Digest with insights from fellow industry experts. Furthermore, she is the author of The Fittest Food Lovers: How EVERY BODY Can be Incredibly Fit and Still Enjoy Food, a collaborative philanthropic book with proceeds going to charities that fight world hunger.