Rolled Ice Cream in an Egg Waffle: a beautiful marriage of two food crazes
What is “rolled ice cream in an egg waffle?” It’s a next level dessert combining the two food crazes: rolled ice cream and egg waffles. Yes, we’ve posted about both these foods already, but not together as one glorious dessert. When combined, the rolled up hand-made ice cream is wrapped in a freshly-griddled bubble wrap-esque waffle. This made-to-order dessert creates a harmony of contrasting hot & cold elements with crispy and chewy textures that could make this the new apple pie a la mode.
Looking for more places that serve rolled ice cream in an egg waffle? You can find them on Glutto right here.
How can I make it? In order to make this food trend combination, you can either go to a place that serves both rolled ice cream and egg waffles put assemble them together yourself, or follow this recipe for making an egg waffle and rolled ice cream.
- a frozen surface to freeze the ingredients into ice cream (go all out and get a commercial grade pan, or get a more affordable stone slab that you can freeze like this)
- 2 pastry scraper, or hand-held paint scrapers
- egg waffle iron
- rolled ice cream ingredients: liquid ice cream base (recommend: 2 ingredient no churn recipe by Emma Christensen)
- egg waffle ingredients:
- toppings (whatever you like: chocolate syrup, fruits, whipped cream, cookies, etc.)
- First, make the rolled ice cream according to this recipe. Set aside in a freezer to prevent melting.
- Then, make the egg waffle according to this recipe.
- Remove the rolled ice cream from the freezer and stack in the middle of the egg waffle.
- Add any desired toppings and wrap the opposite ends of the egg waffle around the rolled ice cream like a cone/taco/burrito. Enjoy!